I'm Ox and yes, it's true, I'm as strong as one so my name fits! I just arrived in foster care today after a transport from Arkansas.
I arrived first thing this morning and my foster family has had me on the go since. I did errands with my foster dad after he picked me up, and then since he said I was stinky, my foster mom gave me a few (yes a few) baths to clean me up before taking me out on the town.
We've been out on a bunch of walks so I learn the neighborhood and my foster mom says I'm always ready to hunt. I stop when I see birds and want to run when I see squirrels - what can I say?! I've got the hunting instincts she's certain!
I don't know much - so far I've done a bit of counter surfing, looked out the windows using the window sills, popped my head in the garbage and quenched my thirst from the toilet bowl, but she said I listen to "Eh, Eh" so she's sure she'll teach me some manners in no time. Hey - I've not had any accidents inside so how bad can I be???
I can sit for treats. I also like this squeaky toy in the yard. I have a foster brother who is amazing at catching this thing that flies through the air and a foster sister who just hangs with her ball. We get along fine.
I pull on my leash especially for the squirrels. So right now we walk with this special collar so my foster mom can hold me tight, but since I mostly walk on the left and only sometimes wander to the right this too she thinks can be corrected with just a bit of work.
I have a strong nose and I've already found a rib bone in some shrubs along the way, but when she told me NO, I could tell she meant business so I dropped it right away. That was hard, because right now I'm REALLY hungry and pretty skinny, but she said we have much better stuff at home and she's right.
I have a cozy crate that's not so bad. I bark just a bit when I go in, but then settle down and sleep. I've been riding in a crate in the car too and that's fine. When we stop and my foster parents get out, I do bark, because I'm not sure if they've forgotten about me. Turns out they haven't and I just have to wait patiently with my foster brother and sister for them to come back. It's a lot to learn, but I'm catching on quick.
Tomorrow, I'm going to my first Motorcycle Ride to benefit this great group that's taken me in. Since I'm new in town, I think I'll probably get lots of attention. Luckily I'm so tired or else I'd probably be too excited to fall asleep. It seems like I'm going to have lots of adventures while I'm here. Luckily I'm a young guy or else I may not be able to keep up.
Monday, April 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment